People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' Luke 18:15-17
Family & Faith
Raising children in the Christian faith is challenging. Below are some resources to help you be more intentional about incorporating faith practices in your family life and to wrestle with a variety of questions and issues we face along the way.
FAITH5™ is a simple, easy-to-implement faith practice, perfect for incorporating into your bedtime routine for five to fifteen minutes a night. When done over time, the FAITH5™ carries the power to enrich communication, deepen understanding, aid sleep, and promote mental, physical, and spiritual health. The five steps are (Click here for an explanation of the five steps):
Parenting and Family Resources
Bullying: What is it and what to do?
- Parent Center Hub, Bullying: Parent Center Hub, Bullying
- Alpha Best, Preventing Bullying: Alpha Best, Preventing Bullying
- Bullying Tips for Parents: www.MentalHealthAmerica.net
- Understanding Bullying and Cyberbullying (Online Schools): Cyberbullying
- US Department of Health and Human Services: How does bullying affect health and well-being?
- Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information: Cyberbullying Information